Sunday, August 28, 2011

Analytics show the number one post won by one pageview

Here's a recap of our 360 Convos conversations. . .

Looking back a month, the post with the most pageviews was Addicted to technology or addicted to distraction?

This article was a mix of how women use smartphones, QR codes, and if retailers are using QR codes in a smart manner. I made the assertion that the option of using them on-site may do nothing more than discount a product a customer may have already intended to purchase.

But I failed to succinctly ask the question (I tried): why discount when the customer is ready to buy? The flubbed point proves the point that a good editor is usually not you, or in this case, me.

That post only won by a thin margin, though.

Smart is the new sexy, but is this smart?, a review of the new brand marketing for newspapers, came in second by a single page view.*

The branding for newspapers, for me, fell a little flat. In other words, you can't tell people what is sexy. They tell you. And really, I don't think the campaign will work, but I'm ready to jump on the band wagon and am trying out my new slogan:
“Read my blog--stay informed--you'll look smart--everyone will think you're sexy.”

Let me know if it works.

DATE
THE LINE UP FROM FOUR WEEKS AGO
Sunday
July 24
Addicted to technology or addicted to distraction
Monday
July 25
Smart is the new sexy, but is this smart?
Tuesday
July 26
Who rescues the graduates from failure?
Wednesday
July 27
Keyboard vs the pad, which one wins
Thursday
July 28
When is it time to put the laptop to bed?
Friday
July 29
Fav quotes of the week
Saturday
July 30
Tatoo artist accesses YouTube to 'game' job opportunity

*Google Analytics

In case anyone is asking, here's the blog’s QR Code: