Sunday, December 5, 2010

Social Media for Writers Presentation

Thank you to everyone who attended the Vancouver Writer's Mixer at our temporary digs at Angst Gallery while Cover to Cover Books puts itself back together after the smoke and water damage from the fire next door. As promised, here's the presentation I shared with the group. I'm looking forward to your feedback on what you try that works. It was amazing, even to me, when author Ron Gompertz announced book sales of No Roads Lead to Rome increased by almost 30% when he tried just one of these ideas.

Of course, I have to thank Melanie Sherman for being my co-conspirator in testing many of these concepts. Her blog Meanderings of Melanie Sherman is an excellent example of how dull, everyday events can be morphed into laugh out loud experiences. Melanie's perspective on life and work should be required reading for all wannabe authors.

Thanks also to Bill Cameron for sharing his experience on Twitter. I can't wait to meet your agent, Janet Reid, and truly explain how I put you in the street. I anticipate it will be a memorable moment . . . for both of us.

To Carolyn J. Rose, thank you so much for your support, for the delicious dinners where we discussed (bragged about) these ideas and for letting me use you as a guinea pig.

And, Mel, thanks for pretending like you knew me, when I pretended to know you!

Topics I covered included: using Blogger, Facebook, Flickr, Flock, Friend or Follow, Goodbye Buddy, FriendFeed, Gmail, Google Analytics, Google Profile, Guerrilla-Media, Hootsuite, Like button, Plancast, Gist and lots of other fun stuff.

Let me know what you accomplish.

Best wishes, everyone!